Wednesday 19 September 2007

lectures in mobile devices and eLearning content: constructivist method

This day was filled with lectures that I had to give. In the morning I gave a joined lecture on mobile learning and structuring eLearning content. The audience were ten medical doctors who want to start a telemedicine website/project in low resource settings.

Most of them have a Local Area Network in which they can distribute learning materials or surveys etcetera. It was quite interesting to see how face-to-face learning can put your nose unto the weak spots of a presentation. Although I asked to know the public I needed to speak to and I was informed, the material still was not taylored enough. A lot of questions arose while giving the mobile presentation, mainly because most of the learners were not accostumed to the principles of CMS, SCORM, ... still I did not mind because... the lecture was based on a constructivist method.

In the end of the presentation, we had drifted from the presentation, yet, the learning goals of the lecture were reached and more. Because of the constructivistic method we had some space to make the course up as we went along, based on the immediate feedback of the learners. So they really learned and ... I did as well.

Although the presentation stood its ground, the doctors pointed out the weak spots and hopefully I will get it stronger for the next presentation which will be for a larger audience.

No comments:

Post a Comment