Thursday 18 July 2013

Merging #mLearning with #MOOC is a good idea

While MOOC are of interest for any training and learning, the surplus of mobile learning or mLearning can not be underestimated. In many ways I feel that the benefits that mLearning offers would add to many MOOC environment. To me a future training platform would merge both mLearning features, as well as MOOC options to come to an ultimate online learning environment that caters intuitively (read ubiquitously) to the learner's own contexts ans needs. But before getting there a couple of hurdles need to be taken, to me the most difficult challenges are:

  • reaching seamless mobile learning (letting learners switch between devices, as well as stay connected with their peers at all times, enabling smooth/seamless collaboration as well as smooth connectivity);
  • enabling the learner to stay in the flow with learning
  • create a smooth cross-platform and immediate access learning environment.
In order to get it realized I started to map out (briefly) why I think this would be a good idea and how to get there. On 16 July I had the pleasure to put these ideas forward to a knowledgeable crowd of ADL enthusiasts. The formidable expert Jason Haag was the master of ceremony for the Interagency Mobile Learning seminars, which had a wonderful line up of speakers. The webinar was part of a series of free webinars on mobile learning, the presentations will be listed soon (and I will put the link to the other presentations up as soon as I get it). 

The slides of my presentation can be seen below, via slideshare

No comments:

Post a Comment